MOUNT CARMEL UMC RESUMPTION OF ONSITE SERVICES GUIDANCE
In order for us to continue to hold inside Sanctuary Worship Service , Physical Distancing and Face Coverings
of some kind are REQUIRED - see below explaination
- If you are displaying any illness symptoms (cough, fever of 99.6 or above, sore throat, etc.), we request that you continue to take advantage of our online worship service.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days or traveled internationally or to any location identified as a hot spot for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, we request that you continue to take advantage of our online worship service.
- If you are at high risk due to health or age, we want you to be safe so please consider continuing to take advantage of our online worship service.
IS THE BUILDING SAFE?
- We have implemented a stringent sanitization protocol for the worship spaces and common areas.
- Hand sanitizers, cloth masks and gloves will be available at the entrances.
- Sanitization Stations will be available in various locations throughout the building.
- Social Distancing markings are visible and signage prominently displayed.
IN HOUSE WORSHIP IN THE SANCTUARY
- We will offer one Modified Worship Service in the Sanctuary at 10:00 a.m.
- Current capacity is 25 persons in the Sanctuary
- A reservation system will be implemented on the church website. Phone reservations will be taken for those without internet access. Both begin each Monday at 9:00am prior to the following Sunday services.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Doors will open Ten minutes before the service. Please follow signage and enter where you are directed.
- We will be excited to see our friends. However, please refrain from congregating in groups, shaking hands, hugging, or other activity that does not comply with our social distancing and no touch guidelines. Air hugs, waves, thumbs up and head nods are OK. Please refrain from conversations in worship space.
- Greeters will be at the entrances to guide and assist you. Please follow their directions.
- People in the same household will be seated together, others will be seated separately. Once seated please do not get back up except to use the facilities.
- Seating will start from the front row to the back row and in reverse for dismissal. We ask that you exit the building by row as dismissed by an usher. Please do not congregate at the entrances and exits. DO NOT REENTER THE BUILDING.
- Restrooms will be open and signage posted with social distancing guidelines.
- It will be a modified format with worship music prayer time and a sermon. Initially there will be no singing due to the increased risk of spreading the virus in the air. Singing will be phased in as the restrictions are eased.
- Offering box will be available at the entrances.
- Communion will be done seated with prepackaged juice and wafer.
- Honoring John Wesley’s “Do no Harm” rule, for the protection of yourself and your fellow worshipers we require you to wear a face covering of some kind – paper or cloth mask, bandana or scarf while inside the building during worship time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: while in the facilities, please keep faces fully covered to protect yourself and others. Front and side doorswill be open for fresh air circulation.
OUTSIDE CONTEMPLETIVE WORSHIP - SOCIALLY DISTANCED BUT SPRIRTUALLY CONNECTED
9:45 am each Sunday in the Back Parking Lot. Bring your lawn chair, jacket and water.
- Our Children and Youth Ministries will remain online. This means there will be no nursery or children’s ministry in person on Sunday mornings at this time.
- Please grab your coffee and doughnuts at home or Starbucks.
- Onsite group meeting can be held in the Lower Youth Fellowship hall with a maximum of 10 persons and strict
adhearance to the Onsite COVID Guidelines.
- Lower Classsrom/Preschool area is closed. Preschool is in session and this area must remain closed to the
membership to maintain sanitary conditions for our children in attendance.